Thursday, January 31, 2013

A BLT Egg Salad with Cucumber and Sausage

One morning I woke up and all I wanted was MEAT!! Now, meat and I have a weird history. When I was 7 years old I watched an ABC 20/20 (whatever show Peter Jennings and Diane Sawyer were on) show about the link between red meat and heart disease. At 7, I probably did not have the cognitive abilities to understand what that meant, but the words disease and death were brought up enough times that I decided I didn't want either of those. So I made a decision to never year red meat...until now :) I've also had periods of  vegetarianism, pescatarianism, poultrytarianism ( I know this is not a word), but red meat was never on list. About 6 months ago, I went on a date with a guy who convinced me to try these Kobe beef sliders at Lucky's near the Seaport area in Boston. Now, these were fantastic! One of these days I will go back and take lots and lots of pictures of those delicious burgers that piqued my interest in red meat.

Back to the morning. So, after having this meat craving, I asked my roommate's boyfriend to go and get some sausage and bacon from the corner grocery store. As I was cooking the bacon and sausage, I remembered watching Ina Garten from the food network make the perfect fried eggs. So I went at is, using bacon fat instead of oil (so sinfully delicious) and made the eggs. After looking at the greasy deliciousness on my plates, I realized I should get some lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers out to counterbalance the meatiness. Here was the final product...


The best part of making a salad like this, you do not need any dressing. Once you cut through the egg, the yolk becomes the dressing for the salad and it's amazing how delicious it can be.

Link to frying the perfect egg: How To Fry Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment